· Parents will be asked to wear masks at drop off and pick up.
· We ask that only ONE parent/guardian/caregiver accompanies your child at drop off and at pick up.
· The goal is to minimize the number of people accessing the school campus and limit exposure for everyone, but we understand that some situations will involve siblings being present at pick up and/or drop off. Please keep children who are not enrolled at St. Thomas Preschool within your reach.
· Parents/adults will be asked a series of health screening questions upon entry of the school gate to protect the well-being of our staff and children.
· A hand sanitizing station will be set up at the gate entrance. Upon arrival, adults and children will be asked to sanitize their hands before touching the gate keypad and entering.
· We ask that you ENTER through the main gate at the top of the stairs and EXIT through the back gate at the end of the playground. This will help facilitate the flow of traffic and maintain social distancing.
· Drop off and pick up should be swift processes to reduce the gathering of people and maintain social distancing guidelines.
· Please pack your child’s lunch box with an ice pack inside.
· Lunch boxes will be kept in your child’s backpack or tote bag on their assigned hook outside their classroom.
· Families will continue to clock children in and out using the ProCare time clock.
· Hand sanitizer will be available for use AFTER using the time clock, as the alcohol content in the sanitizer may have a negative effect on the touch screen and scanner.
· Using a stylus on the touch screen is also an option.
· Handwashing will be the primary practice to stop the spread of germs with children. Hand sanitizers will be used at a minimum with children (i.e. when running water is not easily accessible during transition times).
· Upon drop off, children will be required to wash hands prior to beginning any activities or expectations for the school day.
· Daily routines will include handwashing several times throughout the day.
· We will continue to provide on-going handwashing hygiene lessons books and a song.
· All classrooms will receive the same instruction to ensure uniformity.
· This information will be shared with all families so that the same strategies can be used at home and when out in the community.
· Staff and teachers will be assigned public areas to disinfect throughout the school day using EPA approved wipes (gate, keypads, door handles, door frames, sink areas, water fountains, classroom tables, bathrooms).
· Bleach solutions will be used in the classrooms when children are present.
· EPA approved solutions will be used in the classrooms when children are not present.
· St. Thomas Preschool will train all staff and teachers on procedures.
· Procedures will be evaluated at least once a week, if not more, to ensure operations are working effectively to minimize the spread of germs.
· Families will receive on-going communication to understand the importance of procedures.
St. Thomas Preschool provides a high level of care and education to all children which involves physical and emotional interaction (i.e. comforting children, showing affection, assisting with hygiene needs), and social distancing guidelines are not conducive to maintaining this standard.
Facial expressions, oral movements, and body language are integral aspects of learning emotion, developing language, and building social skills.
Teachers and staff will wear masks during drop off only. Children are not expected to wear masks at school.
In the event that you, your child, or a member of your household tests positive for COVID-19, we ask that your child remain at home for the duration of the infection and quarantine for 14 days. St. Thomas Preschool will maintain the confidentiality of the individual, but will share as appropriate with our community the possibility of infection.
If you, your child, or a member of your household tests positive, please send an email to the office at email@example.com.